They say that the best things in life are free and this actually applies to losing weight. Going to the gym is not a bad idea and it is also healthy. However, if you are a strap for cash, does it mean you can no longer have a fit body because you don’t have a gym membership? The truth is, everything you do inside the gym can also be done outside it and even better because you don’t need to pay a single dime.
On the other hand, you must do thorough research on what routine you should do to improve the part of your body that needs it. With the Internet now available and the existence of YouTube, you won’t find researching hard at all. Having said that, here are yours guides on some basic exercises that you need so you could lose weight.
Running:You don’t necessarily need to join a marathon (especially if you are not trained for it), just so you could lose weight. All it takes is a 15 to 20-run in the park every day for 5 days and that is it. The key here is consistency. Don’t skip a day and do it for one whole year and make it a lifestyle, you are surely going to lose weight in no time. And just so you know, this is already an equivalent of the treadmill session in the gym.
Boxing:If you want to gain some sturdy abs, this sport could actually help you with that. Your thighs could also be taken care of, as you know learn the footwork involved in boxing. Some do this for an hour while others just do it for 30 minutes. The warm up alone in doing this sport would already tighten up your core and not only will your body weight benefit here, but it is also a good form of self-defense. How can you do this for free? Just check out some YouTube videos and you will be able to learn it.
Walking: This activity is often taken for granted especially those people who spend so much time in front of the computer. Fifteen minutes of walking every day could make a huge difference in your health. It would improve your cardio, which helps you regulate your blood flow. Whenever that happens, a balance in your body system is created that also affects your body’s weight.
As long as you make an effort to spend at least a few minutes to get off your chair and go out to move your muscles, there is no way you can’t lose weight. We know how hard it is these days since everybody is almost wired with online games and social media. It is a good reason to also have some tech detox so you could focus on your body’s needs. Remember that you are not exercising merely just to lose weight as that’s a wrong way to put it, but the goal here is healthy and stay that way.
In the last couple of years, there has been a surprising reaction to the latest fad diet that imitates the eating patterns of the Pleistocene or the caveman. Popularity heightened because it goes against the usual practice of food supplements, herbal intakes, food substitutions, cooking methods and the like. Its very essence is simple, go back to the very basic food groups which the cave man relied on for sustenance and survival in an environment where daily activity was all about hunting and relocation of safe shelter.
The early man in history books is always pictured as having a lean and muscular built, often with defined muscles in the arms and legs as well as a flat tummy. This is the mental picture that is stamped in our memory and has becomes the model physique to aspire for. As early as 1970, Walter Voegtlin, a gastroenterologist was the first to suggest that adapting the eating habits of the Paleolithic man or caveman could make our modern generation turn out healthier individuals. His theory follows how a caveman would hunt and gather food for sustenance and survival: Caveman’s Meal:
Meat which should be grass fed since it resembles the diet of roaming animals.
Fish that are caught in flowing water such as the rivers, lakes, seas, etc. but are not artificially farm grown.
Fruits and vegetables, as well as gathered plant matter including seeds and nuts, are organically harvested.
Honey as the natural sweetener
Salt preferably taken from the sea is used sparingly to season dishes.
Predated Foods Not Included in the Caveman’s Diet:
Absolutely no processed food which is high in fat, salt and sugar must be added into any part of the meal.
Healthy grains like whole wheat and oatmeal are not accepted because these were cultivated crops and not easily picked from the tree or plant.
Asian staple of rice and noodles are banned from the diet because the caveman did not understand how to plant to multiply food for the future.
Dairy products such as milk and cheese are off the list because they are by-products from raised and grown animal which the caveman hunted directly as meat to eat.
The diet seems like an easy to do meal guide and is based on food at its most natural form. It is a more tolerant approach to eating as it allows one as much food serving as one can handle without having to do a restrictive portioning or consumed within a set time between the next intakes. Simply put, the caveman would instinctively enjoy food when he feels the need to eat. But like a caveman who has to hunt and gather food, there is a time of fasting where hunger strikes, allowing the meal break as a necessary detoxifying cycle that enables the fat to be burned, lessen toxins and anti-nutrients, and controls blood sugar levels.
For those who have started eating the caveman way, they have noticed a drop in weight for the first few weeks as possibly the salts and fat are consumed by the body and ceasing the water retention caused by processed foods.
If you have been struggling with your weight for the longest years now, then it is about time to do something about it. Contrary to popular belief that losing weight is hard, it is actually easy only if you are dedicated and consistent with a diet plan. Diet doesn’t just mean the food you will eat but it also involves your daily activities like exercising. Here are some fast and easy ways for you to let go of those unwanted and unhealthy fats in your body.
1. Keep a Meal Diary: Nutrition and health experts said that those write down their diet plan on a diary tend to eat less compared to those who don’t do it. There is a 15% chance that you could consume less food if you keep a meal diary starting today. A research from the University of North Carolina also noted that during the weekends, 115 calories are usually added in the body compared to the weekdays. People tend to eat more during the weekends so you better take note of this.
2. Find an Online Partner for your Weight Loss Goals: It may seems odd at first to hear this but there is actually a study that showed people who have an accountability partner online, tend to lose more weight compared to having a fitness that they meet offline. The University of Vermont conducted an experiment regarding this and that’s what they have found out.
3. Keep a Positive Attitude and Declare Everyday That You Can Lose Weight: Words are the most powerful things in the world in case you are not aware of it. You have the power to make things happen just by uttering things from your lips everyday of your life. You can resist the temptation of eating fatty and unhealthy foods simply by chanting, “I don’t want to eat unhealthy foods,” every time you are tempted to.
4. Eat One Less Food Every Meal: If you tend to eat a lot during mealtime, try reducing at least one of what you usually eat. For example, you always eat 3 cups of rice in one meal; try reducing one cup and just stick to 2. You can also do that with your snacking, like eating one less chips a day if that is your lifestyle until you find yourself no longer eating junk foods.
5. Lessen Your Couch Potato Habit: If you are TV addict, you should probably think of reducing some of the shows you usually watch. There are studies showing that people who spend more time in front of the television are the ones who are more likely to gain weight. It figures because you will always have to munch on something while you’re at it.
Take these simple tips in your daily life and you will find yourself gradually reducing weight. You don’t have to rush on losing weight as well. Take it slow but make sure it is consistent and the things on this article would certainly go a long way for your weight loss plan.